Monday, May 11

A Season of Change

I started a new job today.

It went well over all. I met some people that are my people and I met some that are not. The work will be hard, but the opportunity is good. I'm a little overwhelmed, but I think that's to be expected after a first day - especially in a newly formed joint venture company. Opportunity does not come without a steep learning curve and that's okay.

It seems to be a season of change. I worked for Mike for seven years, longer than any other job I've ever had. I was committed to that job longer than anything else I've ever done voluntarily, except my marriage. It's a little bittersweet to be moving on, but the time is right. The new company has huge opportunities that could take me almost anywhere in the world. Literally. I think that the best thing about this new world is also the worst. Suddenly, the horizons are far, far away and the road is very wide indeed. Infinite choices feel a lot like working without a net.

No comments: