Monday, June 1

Ahhh, Buffalo.



Well, here I am in Buffalo. The flight was a little bumpy, but pretty good over all. The first gate we docked at malfunctioned, so we had to wait 20 min on the plane and switch to another gate. Happily, my luggage made it. Then I found out that the company didn't precharge the car rental, so I'll have to get reimbursed for a week's worth of rented auto goodness. Good thing I have a little in savings. I also got stuck with a minivan instead of a midsize sedan. At least it's a late model Toyota Sienna, "The Cadillac of minivans," as Chili Palmer would say. The Hotel looks like it was really nice about 10 years ago, but it's a little past it's prime. Not bad, just a little outdated. Parking in the Hotel garage is $10/day and isn't comp'd. What the hell??!!






I'm on the 9th floor with a great view of the fountain out front, the I-190, Hwy 5 interchange, and - if you crane your neck to the right and squint - the Niagara river. The best thing I can see is the three storie veranda on the back of the Pearl Street Brewery and Grill. The weather is overcast, making the whole town seem kind of drab right now. Hopefully it will look better in the sunshine. Hopefully we'll get some sunshine.









Now I need to unpack and go find some lunch

2 comments:

H.O. Blues said...

Good luck with the sunshine, try out the Pearl Street/River/Whatever Brewery and Grill, sounds good from here.

Kathleen said...

I'm with Craig: I want a full report on the Pearl Street/River/Whatever Brewery and Grill.

Hope you have fun in Buffalo.