Saturday, June 27

I TOLD you that was a big snake!

So, I cleaned some stuff out of the garden shed today, the same shed where I found the ... ahem....large snake. He was gone, but he left behind a present. Apparantly I was right about him shedding his skin. This is laid out on a six foot table, and the tail end of the skin was missing. I'd guess there was another 10" of skin somewhere.

This is the middle of the skin, just to give some perspective. The belly scales were almost 2" wide
The head of the snake was just as big as it looked in the earlier pictures




You may not realize that a snake's skin stretches as he sheds it, so the actual snake is never as long as the skin you find. Still, considering the skin was over six feet if you include the missing tail portion, that means the actual snake was just north of 5 feet long.
Told you that was a big snake.



No comments: